CONNELLS Archives

April 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tracey Dittoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:03:58 -0700
Hi all,

It was great to once again see the "travelling
roadshow starring--the Connells!"  Boy, that Thompson
sure can sing, and I am awed by both the
guitar-playing and dancing prowess of Lance
Petersworth.  And Squirty Malone--words fail me,
except of course, "back in the finger"!

Seriously, the shows in Charlotte and Boone were a lot
of fun.  Jeremy did a great job on drums, and the rest
of the guys sounded pretty darn good too. :)   The set
lists were short, because of the festival-type
settings, but they hit most of the usual favorites.
I was extremely impressed with the new songs I heard.
Mike's vocals sounded strong on "Back in Blighty", one
of those new songs (and the one that I have found
myself humming incessantly since the weekend).  "21"
or whatever they end up calling it :) is simply
fantastic--I swear, TVT better push these new songs or
else.  And George's little number ("The Deal") is
quite different from "Curly's Train"--he's made the
journey from "the country" to "the city" on that one,
for sure.

Deirdre, Al, Brittany--it was real, guys!  Stace, we
missed you.

I like the new web site, but I can't get to the Boone
video.  I guess technology only goes so far.  Oh well.

Take it easy, all!

Tracey
===