CONNELLS Archives

October 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 13:57:23 -0500
The Reivers called it quits a few years ago after the release of Pop Beloved
(off DB Records).  It was one of my faves of that year, and still never
ceases to blow me away.  I believe that John Croslin is still in music but
don't know about the others.

-Art

wrote about the phenomenon of people on a mailing list writing to each
other about a defunct band. It occurred to me that somebody on this list
might know whether any of the former members of the Reivers (previously
Zeitgeist) are doing anything. The Reivers, it seems, would be a band that
Connells fans might also like (though nobody has mentioned them in a
favorite-bands list). In fact, I once read in the Village Voice (c. 1990)
that college radio had degenerated into an endless seies of Connells and
Reivers songs. That sounded like a good programming format to me.

Tim Rostan