CONNELLS Archives

October 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Andrew Freck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 13:22:38 -0400
        Art,

        Do you need my snail-mail address to mail the tapes to me in the
tree? I'm still cloudy on how this tape tree works. Are there going to be
copies of copies? I don't mean to pry, but what about just circulating a
master-copy, not the original. By "passing around" one master copy to
everyone on the tree it would ensure decent quality. I've had experiences
with a tape that was a copy of a copy of a copy and so on. I could hardly
make out any sort of image or sound. Since video tape is analog you can't
ensure that all the information will will transfered from copy to copy.

Andrew