CONNELLS Archives

May 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Matthew Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 11:10:17 -0400
        I would have to agree with everything stated so far.  What makes
a "true fan" is not how early you get into the music, it's whether or not
you truly appreciate it or not.  A lot of my friends had never heard of
DMB before Under the Table came out, but I was excited to hear that they
liked it.  However, I was not ecstatic to hear the top 40 station play
their songs twice an hour.
        As for the Connells, the first album I heard was "Fun and Games"
when my sister used to play it every day in the car on the way to
school.  Since then I have gotten all of their albums.  I would consider
myself a true fan, not because I liked them before anyone else in the
world, but because I appreciate the music and don't just listen to a hit
single.  Anyway, just a clarification of my position on true fans.
I still hate teeny-boppers that only like top forty music and complain
when the band doesn't play the one song they know in concert.

Matthew