CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"John E. Haramis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 17:38:33 -0400
>   Does your roommates CD have any other songs other than Bitter Pill on
>   it.  I heard that song about four times in concert and was almost
>   positive it would be on the new album but maybe it will be on their
>   next full size release in FOUR years (the time between Ring and WFAD),

Sorry for the long delay.  Between school, work (part time electrician/part
time sound engineer), and my band's search for a new drummer, I've had
precious little spare time lately.

Anyway, on the Record Exchange 'Monitor This' music sampler, their are two
Connells songs:  'Fifth Fret', and 'Bitter Pill'.  Other notables groups on
the disc are Emmet Swimming, a northern Virginia band recently signed to
Epic (they really draw big crowds when they play down here in Blacksburg)
and Squirrel Nut Zippers, a retro 30's swing sound group signed to Mammoth
that also does very well when they play this area.

As far as the time lag since Ring, it just didn't seem that long ago, but
in that time I've finished my undergraduate degree and I'm almost done with
a master's.  I guess it has been awhile, but when your really big in
Europe, you have to tour for your fans...

Finally, a thank you to Lee Collins for the cool Connells interview.  I
enjoyed it very much.

John Haramis