CONNELLS Archives

April 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Matthew_Rumfelt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 16:18:21 -0500
Just a word of caution from a former radio bum.  While calling in to ask
jocks if they have heard a new song works VERY well if he or she has
heard it, they are sometimes very wary about people (esp. smaller label
people) posing as "listeners" and calling up to request their own music.
This happens very frequently (it did to me, anyway).  I guess the best
option is to call stations on which you have actually heard the Connells
played   Otherwise, especially if they've never heard of the band (i.e.
they are cave-dwelling Neanderthals), they may dismiss your request and
even become hostile to people requesting this same artist over and
over.  SO...choose your stations wisely, and hopefully TVT will take
care of the rest of the programmers.