CONNELLS Archives

March 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Andrew Freck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 16:08:59 -0500
        Couldn't help but notice you mentioning Chris Stamey. This guy's
an excellent solo artist. So far the only exposure I've had to him is
through his first (?) release FIREWORKS. Now that you mention it, you can
kind of compare his voice with Huntley's. Both of them have sort of a
scratchy, but melodic quality to them. As for BRAINJUNK, I haven't really
had the time to go hunting for it because the college quarter is coming
to a close and I've got alot of work piled up. Oh well... I'll have time
to search for it this weekend. I'll also try and find the HolsApple &
Stamey album MAVERICKS that you mentioned.

- Drew

"Life will leave you, long before you leave your life." - Machinery Hall