CONNELLS Archives

August 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WRIGHT KEVIN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 15:37:15 CDT
>Why don't you just post the name/address/phone number of a local record store
>that does mail order and carries stuff by the Gufs? Then those of us who are
>daring can see for ourselves how great this band is.

The Gufs: Collide is available from

The Exclusive Company
1669 N Farwell Av.
Milwaukee, WI 53202

(414) 271-8590

Make sure you specify Collide, their earlier albums are somewhat amateur.  You
can get those after you become a fan, but for now, get Collide, it's awesome.
Memories of Boylan Heights; an album where every track is great and you could
hear it over and over and not get sickofit.  Incidental trivia, the Gufs are
also anchored by two brothers.

If you like the Connells and you don't like this album, I will personally send
you a cookie in the mail.

Lastly, if anyone is really interested, the Gufs are opening for the Violent
Femmes here in brewtown next Monday night.  It's at a stage along the lake, and
it's a free show.

kevin