CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
dattapes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:10:19 -0400
from another list I'm on - some perspective :
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:12:49 -0700
From: Steve  Moore <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: The Connels in Jackson MS/ND in MS
I spent one year of college at N.C. State before transferring to
Appalachian State.  The Connells, from Raleigh, were a fraternity band
at that time.  They were really poppy and I never cared for their music
one bit.  If you like be-boppy crap then give them a try.  They are
widely popular in the Southeast especially amongst the fratty bagger
crowds.  I did hear that their recent album is supposed to be very good
but I just don't care for their style.  One thing that I can guarantee
is they have no twang sound at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The above was on the Uncle Tupelo list - just thought this was of at least
passing
---------
link to recordings list/info -
http://bounce.to/dattapes