CONNELLS Archives

April 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ethan Straffin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 05:59:09 -0800
Ed Winters writes:

> my name's ed and I played guitar with the 'bats from 87 to 94.  I loved
> the band and wished that we had either been more successful or at least
> simply stayed in knoxville and made records for the few who enjoyed
> jeff's voice.
>
> normally I don't respond to stuff on the email list simply because I
> don'thave time to sort through it all, but I don't really see people
> list the 'bats on their band favorite lists anymore.

Well, if it's any comfort, I miss you guys too.

(Actually, I think it's my fault you broke up.  I seem to have a fairly
bad track record with bands I really like sticking around...Judybats,
Tribe, Jawbreaker, Sugar, Toad the Wet Sprocket, American Music Club...if
the Connells and Lloyd Cole ever call it a day, I'll just *know* I'm a
curse!)

Ethan