CONNELLS Archives

April 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Terry Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 20:09:45 -0700
Hey Guys!

I was at the Brewery on Tuesday and George did an excellent set (again
w/ Johnny from Queen Sarah Saturday on lead)  He did all the songs from
the Cave show except "Love Hurts".  Peele and Doug were there also.  No
sign of the Brothers Connell.  I talked to Peele for awhile, it looks
like August 6 is the date for the new CD.  Tour plans are sporadic
until the CD is released although they have put in a bid to support
Hootie on a summer shed tour starting in about a month and a half.
BTW, I was in Columbia on business Monday and went to Hootie's free
show at Findlay Park, what an experience.  Say what you will about
they're meteoric success, but the bottom line is they're a fun band who
writes good songs and I'll never ask for anything more than that!

Terry Barrett
Raleigh, NC