CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Scott French <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:49:35 EDT
I must agree.  I am on 3 or 4 other lists, and its very frustrating
to wade through a bunch of email that has indepth discussions on
topics that do not directly relate to The Connells.  I love hearing about
trips to see The Connells, set lists. mdse., web sites, etc., because this is the
CONNELLS listserv. IMHO, any discussion not directly related to The
Connells, should be done b/c.

Scott French

"Can't you hear the music playing, the anthem, it's my call"--Lou Reed

> Cheryl,
> if you think that I meant that I'm against free speech, that is completely NOT
> what I meant.  I'm all for stating any opinion that anyone might have, and I
> think a good debate and diversity of opinion are both wonderful things.  All
> that I was stating (my own opinion) is that I think we should attempt to keep
> the conversations Connells oriented.  I'm making time to sift through 25+
> listserve emails a day because I'm interested in the Connells.  I do not have
> time to sift through miscellaneous other conversations.  Please, this does not
> mean that you shouldn't state your opinion, share your ideas, or whatever, I'm
> simply saying that because this is a Connells forum, we should stick to
> Connells material.  I'm sorry if there's been a misunderstanding,
> Kimberly

Scott D. French
Electronic Project Archivist
USC-South Caroliniana Library

"Can't you hear the music playing, the anthem, it's my call"--Lou Reed