CONNELLS Archives

May 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 21:43:45 -0600
Hi all,

Found these at www.notlame.com -- a great place for getting obscure power
pop and pop music

THE CONNELLS - Still Life - an apt title since their last one was well,
stillborn, to be frank. After that disappointing last record (I think
because they let everyone in the band write on their own...a mistake, in
this case), the Connells focus, aim and deliver. While not their best
work, it's fairly flawless and full of their own brand of mid tempo-y,
rich pop rockers. Fans of the band will rejoice triumphantly. "Check my
pulse and note the big grin on my face while Still Life spins"-Goldmine.
$15.50

GUADALCANAL DIARY-At Your Birthday Party-Just released of a live reunion
show from 1998 and featuring 18 songs.  Excellent board recording finds
the band in full force and fresh as a Georgia bouqet of spring flowers.
Hearing the chiming rythms again makes the heart warm.   $14.50

See ya

Bill Cross