CONNELLS Archives

April 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 06:01:42 -0700
Just thought I'd chime in with an overview of Friday's show at
Charlotte's Center CityFest, since Cheryl couldn't make it.;)

Weather was marvelous: sunny but not too hot, breezy, cooler, but not
uncomfortably so, after sundown.  The 'Nells came on at 8pm and
completely kicked out the jams!  It was a great show.  Really good
turn-out, especially since this was a festival and there were 5 other
bands playing at the same time on other stages.

David did a terrific job and hadn't lost a beat.  Later he said that,
while he hadn't really wanted to be there, after a while he got back
into the swing of things.  It was really good to see him onstage.

They played a great deal of the new stuff:  "Crown", "Glade", "The
Leper", "Bruised", "Soul Reactor", "Still Life", "Circlin'", and
"Curly's Train".  Not "Dull, Brown and Grey", tho'; one of my faves.
Audience reaction to the new stuff was favorable overall.

No BPoPs this time, although there was a guy who kept asking Doug to
take off his pants;  Doug's reply "Hey, buddy, I don't take my pants
off for anybody except my wife!"  There was also the Flying Funnelcake
Incident (if you don't know what a funnelcake is, ask any Southerner.)
 Pictures may be forthcoming.

All in all, a swell night.  Everybody had a great time, crowd and band
both.  On to the next show, May 31 in Raleigh!  WooHoo!

==

Dede
"Out of boredom/ I decided/ I'd get with it"--MCC