CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 01:08:55 EDT
Do not, do not, do not miss the Saw Doctors....caught them at MusicMidtown in
Atlanta last year. The crowd was small so it was very intimate...hard to do in
an outdoor setting. Billy Bragg is a definite and Mary Black has an amazing
voice. It's too bad that Shane MacGowan didn't stumble over to the west
coast...he closed the show at Randalls Island and reports were that he was
fabulous (oh wait....his name has a "Mac" in front of it....maybe I should get
clearance first to post that cause "There's more to bein' "Celtic" than a
"Mac" in yer name, or a granddad who wore a kilt," and I wouldn't want to get
publically flamed twice in one week.)

From all I've heard , it's a fun time (had to work so my tickets got raffled
off at the bar.) It's set up like an old Irish village and there's a lot of
crafts, both good and crap, being sold. Also, at least at the Randalls Island
show, it was run very efficiently transportation-wise...lots of shuttles and
even guides in the subways!!