CONNELLS Archives

May 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Andrew Freck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 18:22:24 -0400
On Thu, 2 May 1996, Down in the shacks... wrote:

> Why would increased popularity of Ring be a sign of bandwagon fans?  Like it
 or
> not, I feel it's one of their best albums, but I also love Fun & Games just as
> much.  In fact, I love every thing I've heard from them.  Ring would appeal to
> perhaps a different crowd than their past albums.  That's just my
 opinion...but
> I really like the change into a little harder feel.  They do that very well.
> Who the hell cares what the fans are like?  I hope they get enough fans to
 want
> to keep making great music...that's the only thing that matters.  So many of
 my
> favorite bands have broken up recently...the Judybats, the Jawhawks just to
> name two.  I just hope the Connells never feel like just packing it in.
> They've giving us a lot!!!  Thanks guys (if you ever read this shit)!!!
>
>                                         --Native Son

        I don't think Ring is a bad album at all. In fact, I think it's
excellent! I just meant that because Ring is simply more popular than
other albums, it causes more "fans" to jump on the bandwagon than any
of the earlier releases,"fans" who only listen to pop radio and
think that pop music is the only music in existince, "fans" who have no
interest in anything but the more popular Connells songs.

-Drew

- Have I painted myself into a corner or something?