CONNELLS Archives

May 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 17:24:23 -0700
Hi, all!

I have a proposition for everyone, but first let me preface with a short
anecdote.  I recently joined the Scott Miller/Loud Family/Game Theory
mailing list (if you don't know who this is, run, don't walk, and buy
anything you can find with Scott Miller's name on it. He is, IMO, the most
underrated pop songwriter on the face of the planet.)  On their website,
they have for sale a tribute album, with both Loud Family and Game Theory
covers on it, done not by professional or known musicians but by the list
members themselves!  I think this would be a magnificent idea for us to do
(only not Scott Miller, but the Connells....oh, you figured that
out...sorry!;) )  Although I can only sing, I know that many of you are
musically inclined and play in bands.  What do you think?  I suppose we
could finance it by having everyone who submits a song send in a fee, and
then they get a free CD.  Everyone who didn't submit could pay a small
sum.(The Scott Miller thing was $10 postpaid.)  I would be glad to kind of
organize things (as long as it didn't cost me anything:) )

Tell me what you think!

Dede Davis