CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Caroline Bellach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:10:12 -0700
Have any of you beauuutiful Connells fans heard of the Guinness Fleadth
(pronounced flah)... a touring concert featuring Irish/American Music?

Well, the concert is coming to the Bay Area on Sunday and I am lucky enough
to be working for the radio station that is sponsoring it, so I'll be there
all day! I know that some of you are fans of these bands, did anyone catch
it in Chicago or New York?

Find out more at http://www.guinnessfleadh.com/

Here is a list of bands playing at the festival here... 30 bands, 4 stages!

Another reason that I am posting this is because I want to know if any of
you have heard of these other bands, and which ones are worth checking out.
I will be working there almost all day but can take off to see any of the
bands... Thanks for your help! :)
(I will without a doubt be checking out the Dubs and the Devlins..)

Tracy Chapman
Sinead O'Connor
The Chieftains
Chumbawamba
John Lee Hooker
Wilco
The Corrs
Los Lobos
Billy Bragg
Paul Brady
Mary Black
Saw Doctors
Richard Thompson
Nanci Griffith
Altan
Luka Bloom
Alejandro Escovedo
Young Dubliners
Great Big Sea
Donnal Lunny Band
The Devlins
Rubyhorse
Mary Coughlan
Bogmen
Noella Hutton
Hayden
Jeb Loy Nichols
John Martyn
Katie Curtis

Now, don't all scream Chumbawamba at once!! :)

-=Caroline=-
Caroline Bellach
http://caroline.linex.com
[log in to unmask]  ICQ UIN 2332204