CONNELLS Archives

November 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:33:10 EST
OK, here's my feelings about this list.  I love the Connells' music, and have
for years.   Like most people on this list, I own everything they've ever
released, seen them in concert numerous times, etc...  That's why I joined
the list - to learn more about them.

However, that said, I have my friends that I talk about life, politics, and
other issues with.  I get way too much email from people (my young cousin
LOVES to send me jokes) that I don't really want.  If this list becomes a
forum of discussion for everything, then I will very tempted (as I know is
true of at least few others on the list) to leave.  This hurts no one else on
the list, but I think defeats that point of it (what good is Connells' list
if it's just 20 people emailing each other?).  I don't mind the occassional
music side discussion - they don't tend to be too long, and as it's usually
about music that is similar to the Connells, then I'm willing to sort and
delete.  But if we're going to start debating politics, swapping recipes, or
anything else of that nature, then I'd prefer not to be involved.  I'm sure
this is doubly true for those list members who don't even live in the US, and
are therefore unaffected by our elections.

Now, having said that, I will say that I don't mind the occassional
off-the-topic email (if Dede wants to tell me the weather in NC, or Sandi is
particulary happy about a gig that her band got, then I don't mind getting
one email about it).  I'm just not interested in being on a list where most
of the email is not about the Connells.  If that means that I don't get much
email during their down times, then fine with me - I have enough other things
in my life to occupy my time.

So, I hope I haven't offended anyone.  I like this list, and would like to
continue to stay on it.  I'll just have to decide that based on where it
goes...
Kimberly

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred
minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
- Winnie the Pooh