CONNELLS Archives

February 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:03:09 EST
OK,
last night was incredible.  We went to the venue early to try to catch
soundcheck, and just hung around (so that my underage boyfriend could make
the show).  We were there celebrating my birthday, so that was great that he
got to make it.  And, Sandi's right - they played an amazing show.

We started out by watching the Mayflies, who I had heard before.  I bought
their CD the first time I saw them, and let me tell you - it really grows on
you - I love it.  So, they were great.  Then the Connells came on very
shortly after that and played a great set.  My boyfriend (who was 'Nells
virgin before that) loved both bands.  The Connells were very high energy
(which was surprising, considering that they had all been dragging from the
night before in NYC), and sounded great.  Now, the highlight of the evening
for me, was definitely the encores.  They came out and the crowd started
chanting "I Suppose".  This is my favorite song, and out of about 30 shows,
I've only ever heard it live once, so I thought they would ignore the crowd,
but then Mike just looked at David and Doug and started playing.  David
chimed in, then Doug started singing, and they were off.  It was a somewhat
'accoustic' version of the song, since Steve Ritter didn't know it, so there
were no drums, but it sounded amazing, and they sang the whole song.  What a
birthday present!!!  And about Doug dropping his pants - don't even get me
started!

Anyway, I got home at 6 am this morning, and have been recovering all day,
but it was well worth it,
Kimberly :}

"Dance like no one's watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no
one's listening, live like it's heaven on earth."   -- William Pukey