CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 09:50:11 -0400
 Evan Kline <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I nearly fell over when I saw on Art's web page that the Connells are playing
>in State College on August 25.  Does anyone know where in State College they
>are playing?  I'm scheduled to go to the Penn State-USC Kickoff Classic at
>the Meadowlands in New Jersey on Sunday, but would probably pass that up if I
>could find where and when the band was playing, and could find someone to
>make the 1 1/2 hour trip with me.

I don't know what time the show is (I forgot to ask) but I just talked to
QWIK rock on the phone and it is their annual "block party" - this year
they are holding it in calder alley behind the Deli (near Garner St. -
don't _ask_ me how they are going to manage a block party back there!)
instead of on the parking deck. There are like 4 or 5 bands scheduled,
including Velveeta, and maybe a.m prophecy (local - not bands I've seen yet
- I wish the Dirges were opening like last time I saw the Connells in State
College - that would be a show!)

Anyway, I was going to post all this info anyway for anyone who might be in
the general area who might be interested in going - if anyone e-mails me
I'd be glad to supply directions from your general neck of the woods. Oh,
and it's free!  I think it would be cool if a lot of fans actually came for
the show - me and my boyfriend are avid, but last time I saw them in State
College (October 1994) the show was sparsely attended and I felt kind of
bad. Anyway - this is so cool, that they're coming to State College for
free! woo woo!

pax,
Sarah