CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:48:36 -0700
Hi all,

> >Many of us were recently exposed to the Connells' videos recently... did anyo
ne like them?

I liked them considerably as I had not seen a Connells video between the time of
 Scottys
Lament and Maybe.  It is too bad that the video for Seven was unavailable as, at
 least in my
memory, it kick's butt.  I particularly liked the opening British show as the ot
her bands
covered were also among my favorites way back then -- particularly the Accelerat
ors.

Also, just to show how out-of-hand MTV has gotten, Seven was first aired on a We
dnesday
night during primetime.  No fanfare but no kissing up to the powers that be.  I
believe that
Martha Quinn was the VJ who first played them.

> >And I'm
> > seeing the John Easdale Band  & Pat DiNizio on Friday night.
> [sniff, sniff:'( ] I LOVE Pat DiNizio!  Nobody cool ever comes here!
> This town sux!

Well here in South Dakota nobody comes period; cool, uncool the last nonlocal sh
ow here was
Garth Brooks back in October or so.

Bill Cross