CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 17:00:06 -0500
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who said that
he was in RPM Records here in Dallas a couple of weeks ago
and they were playing their Weird Food promo over the store's
sound system (he thought it sounded like The Connells and
asked about it).

I thought that was really cool.  I know it doesn't sound
like much to you North Carolinans, who probably observe
this phenomenon in your record stores all the time.  But remember,
this is Dallas, Texas I'm talking about -- where the usual response
to a mention of The Connells is "The who?"  (to which I always
reply, "No, not The Who, dammit -- THE CONNELLS!")

But then, RPM is a pretty cool store anyway.  To those of
you who commented on the inclusion of Winter Hours' _Wait
Till The Morning_ on my desert isle list, that was where
I bought it.

Okay, just wanted to throw that out.

--Steve