CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tracey Dittoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:40:23 -0700
Hi all!

Here's a report, such as it is, of the Louisville show. Of course, a
good time was had by all, but I expect there was some letdown from the
Raleigh show--I knew Kentucky couldn't begin to compare with that!

First, about the openers Too Far Jones...they were
pretty good, very enjoyable.  Inbetween the nervous lead singer's many
(every other song, at least) pleas for us to buy their new (and first,
I believe) album, the songs were solid and interesting, and very, I
might add, "radio ready".  I think they're going to be the next "band
that opened for the Connells" to be big.

As for a Connells setlist, I must admit, my memory is poor to
middlin'.  Basically the same stuff as the last few lists posted, but
in a different order.  They started off with "Fun and Games" and ended
with "I Suppose" (that one they threw in for a couple that came all
the way from Houston, TX!) and "Hats Off" (thanks, Art!)  The high
point as far as the crowd (finally) getting into it was "Slackjawed",
I think.  The crowd was pretty decent--smallish, but it was a small
place.  Mike said one girl tried to tear off his shirt, so there's
some action for ya.

All in all, I had a GREAT time as usual, and looking forward to more
to come!

Art, it was great to meet you, and I'll let you fill in any blanks!

Still believing in Cowboys and Santa Claus,

Tracey

==