CONNELLS Archives

March 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:51:00 -0500
Hey everyone!

Every so often listmembers share their loves, origins, and pieces of their
souls.  Well, call me a sucker...

Name:  Art Jipson  -- for some reason people just call me 'Art'
Place: Oxford, Ohio (originally from Minneapolis, MN)
Age:  33 (BD May 13th -- I gladly accept cards :-)
Job: I teach criminology and sociology at Miami University-Ohio
  (GO Redhawks against UK!!!!)
Hidden Talent:  Expert air guitar player :-)

Musical loves (other than our favorite North Carolinans):  The
Replacements, Husker Du, Paul Westerberg (the new cd is starting to grow on
me), REM, Guadalcanal Diary, Bare Naked Ladies, Elvis Costello, Richard
Thompson, Bob Mould, Richard Buckner, Son volt - Wilco - Uncle Tupelo,
Gene, Hole, Soul Asylum, old Prince (Controversy is an amazing record),
Jayhawks, Grant Hart, Radiohead, Steve Earle (love that quote about
Shania), U2, Crowded House, and so many that it hurts to think about it.

Say, can anyone tell me what is Violent Wind?  I just got this cd that
features our own Mr. Steve Potak on it.    I have to say that it is not
among my faves but anything that gives Mr. Potak more money to pay the
bills can't be all bad.

Well, take care all.

Spock out.  -Art

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)  513-529-8525 (f)  [log in to unmask] (e)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
    -=-=-=-
"There is no day when you know everything you need to know."
    -=-=-=-
I have seen the likes of you/in the middle of political showdowns
Yeah, I have seen the likes of you/at birthside, near waterloo,
outside vietnam