CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
ZEITGEIST <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 13:46:25 -0400
A had a friend who shared my interest in music.  While he was a bit more
of a blues guy, he knew my tastes.  One day he shows up in the student
union with this brand-new album, _Boylan Heights_, by this group called The
Connells.  I'm at work right now and can't remember when BH was released,
but it must've been a few months after that.

As I said before, I saw them up in Ann Arbor many moons ago and struck up
a conversation with the illustrious Art Gipson and his (at the time) fiancee.
I remember holding the door for Mike and Dave so they could bring in
their guitars and thinking "Wow !  This is a band I really like and here
they are, a foot away from me hauling in their own stuff."

Just way too cool.

Brett