CONNELLS Archives

January 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jay Pasquantonio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:22:56 +0000
Dear Fellow Connells Mailing List Members,
        I would like to officially thank everybody out there who made
suggestions about new bands and their favorite bands.  I had not been
home for six months, so when I got back to Michigan from Germany, I
immediately went to one of those Music stores where they let you try out
the music first and went through a whole big list I had made from your
suggestions.  I went nuts, most of the bands you guys talked about were
fantastic!  I bought CDs from October Project, The Judybats, The
Catherine Wheel, and I also really liked Guadalcanal Diary and Del
Amitri, but had to limit myself somewhere.  I will probably get those
when I return.  For now, though, a little quid pro quo.
        I saw the most awesome concert for New Years Eve.  It was at the
Majestic Theater in Detroit, and the group was The Verve Pipe.  Remember
that name, 'cause they will be the next Hootie and the Blowfish/Dave
Matthews Band next year when their first major label album comes out
this Spring.  I've been a fan of this band for a few years now, and it
is amazing how they have improved, and they were pretty good to begin
with.  I was awed.  They were so smooth, it was a joy to my ears.  They
have two indie releases out called _I've Suffered a Head Injury_ and
_Pop Smear_, and their release with RCA is called _Villians_, and it is
due out March 16.Trust me on this one, they are awesome.
Thanks for listening to my two pfennigs worth, and keep letting me know
about these awesome groups.  I'm not sure that they are much like the
Connells, but for some reason, I seem to have similar tastes as this
group, almost across the board.  Ciao.

Jay Pasquantonio

"It`s hard to rely on my good intentions
When my head`s full of things that I can`t mention.
It seems that I usually get things right,
But I can`t understand what I did last night."

Toad the Wet Sprocket