ENG131A Archives

October 2011

ENG131A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Shondell, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami Univ ENG131 Section A (Prof BrittonHarwood) Fall 2011
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:10:53 -0400
After the explanation in class of the what the pardoner thought the
three components of "cupidity" were, his tale seemed to sort of take
shape in my mind. Before, his mentioning of swearing and gambling
seemed a bit odd and I thought it had nothing to do with his story.
But, I can now see how he implements them into the text. I also found
the personification of death in the old man to be clever. Kudos to
you, Chaucer.