GSCA Archives

April 2008

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lara Chatman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:06:56 -0400
Hello. On behalf of Pi Sigma Epsilon, I am promoting the Oxford
International Film Festival (OIFF) on campus. Let me know if you have any
questions or concerns. Thank you!

Beth Foley
Co-Director of Campus Marketing
The Oxford International Film Festival
www.oxfordfilms.com

The Oxford International Film Festival
April 10th-13th

The Oxford International Film Festival (OIFF) is quickly becoming the
Midwest's largest annual international film event, featuring over 100 new
short and feature-length independent films from around the globe, amidst 4
days of screenings, workshops, celebrity guests, concerts, filmmaker
panels, parties & receptions, an opening night gala and closing night
awards ceremony. In 2008, the festival will literally take over the small
college town of Oxford, Ohio and turn it into a film-lover’s dream
destination. The 1st annual event (held in April of 2007) was what the
Cincinnati Enquirer called "Sundance without snow..." and was predicted by
the Journal News to "...soon be Midwest's largest film festival". With over
530 submissions from 41 countries on 6 continents in it's first year alone,
and featuring more than 50 local, regional, US and WORLD premiere films,
the Oxford International Film Festival is already a globally-recognized
premiere event both by national media and industry professionals
alike. "Our goal is to keep the festival focused on the filmmakers and
guests, we may end up getting as big as Sundance, but OIFF is not Sundance,
we're as new and unique as they come. There's just nothing like a small-
town in the Midwestern US becoming a film phenomenon overnight." - JC
Schroder, OIFF Executive Director & Founder

Tickets on sale now:
      You can visit the MU Box Office, call 1.800.838.3006, or order online
at http://www.oxfordfilms.com/oiff/tickets.htm.

More information online:

http://events.muohio.edu/event.php?
event_id=70704&sid=7&cid=76&view=month&day=20080410&dayofweek=sunday

http://www.oxfordfilms.com/oiff/