HUMANRIGHTS Archives

June 2013

HUMANRIGHTS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Brunsma, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brunsma, David
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2013 22:04:43 -0400
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/16992-chemical-weapons-experts-still-skeptical-about-us-claim-that-syria-used-sarin

There is still much we don't know. Claudia and Chomsky are certainly onto something.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2013, at 11:52 PM, "Claudia Chaufan" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

The use of Sarin by Assad, assuming he did use it, or his authoritarian style, or whatever, is not the problem, in my opinion. once the imperial powers want to get rid of a non-compliant leader, they will invent the reason to attack and overthrow him/her.

WMD have never been a problem for the US, France or the UK (the govts. that is, not the people). In fact they are the ones to have used them the mos, beginning by, yet not limited to, the use of nuclear bombs by the US on civilian populations.

None of these countries have the minimal moral authority to intervene to protect anybody's human rights. Indeed, they have usually create or even worsened the conditions that lead to horrific human rights violations.

It's a real pity that the UN so often fails to live up to its mission, given the imbalance of power. If the General Assembly rather than the Security Council had any legal power the world would be a very different place. The list of times when the world votes one way and the US (followed often by its friends) another is just too long to reproduce.