HUMANRIGHTS Archives

November 2013

HUMANRIGHTS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Brunsma, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brunsma, David
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:05:19 -0500
I have very much appreciated reading these comments that began with Sylvia's willingness to share. Much appreciated.

A graduate student of mine, Dave Overfelt, and I published a piece years ago labeling this "Documenting Dystopia".

http://societieswithoutborders.com/2009/11/20/sociology-as-documenting-dystopia-imagining-a-sociology-without-borders-a-critical-dialogue/

Peace.

Dr. David L. Brunsma
Professor of Sociology
Department of Sociology
Virginia Tech
560 McBryde Hall (0137)
225 Stanger Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Executive Officer, Southern Sociological Society
Founding Co-Editor of Sociology of Race and Ethnicity
Co-Editor of Societies Without Borders: Human Rights and the Social Sciences
Race and Ethnicity Section Editor, Sociology Compass
Treasurer, Sociologists Without Borders
(573) 355-0599 [cell]

"I may never prove what I know to be true, but I know that I still have to try." -Dream Theatre