HUMANRIGHTS Archives

September 2013

HUMANRIGHTS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Blau, Judith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blau, Judith
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:57:22 +0000

From: [log in to unmask] [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Mazin Qumsiyeh [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 3:06 PM
To: Blau, Judith
Cc: Human Rights Newsletter
Subject: [HumanRights] Painful times

This blog is posted at
http://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2013/09/painful-times.html
where you can make comments

There will be a demonstration in Ramallah tomorrow (Saturday) at noon
(Manara square) against the ongoing Oslo capitulations

On Thursday we visited a 16 year old young man (Udai Sirhan) who had
his skull chattered months ago by an Israeli bullet in Bethlehem and
he is still hospitalized after three operations (photos at
http://3abalata.blogspot.com/2013/09/blog-post.html).  The bullet is
still in his brain.  We also visited a friend from Al-Walaja (Basel
AlAraj) who was beaten by “Palestinian Authority” security services
trained by the US when he and other young people tried to demonstrate
holding four mock coffins for four Palestinians killed earlier that
week (3 killed by Israeli forces, one by Palestinian forces).  Video
at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2JkN9tdo-M

Basel and I were twice arrested together by Israeli forces in
Al-Walaja. He is a most decent, kind and gentle human being.  He and
others like him are being targeted by the Palestinian authority which
continues to cooperate and coordinate with the occupation forces. This
is painful. Sometimes we feel pain that is at a far deeper level than
any physical pain.  It is visits like these that makes us lose sleep.
We wish the world to wake-up to the continuing injustice inflicted on
the people and landscape of Palestine with the collusion and support
of many Westerners but also many Arab leaders and even some
Palestinians.

Three influential pro-Israel groups urged US lawmakers on Tuesday to
authorize US President Barack Obama to launch an attack on Syria,
signaling a stepped-up lobbying effort for American military action.
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/AIPAC-say-they-support-US-strike-on-Syria-325245

Reminder (if needed) of why war is horrible: Birth Defects And Cancer
Rates At Devastating High In Basra And Fallujah (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/iraq-war-anniversary-birth-defects-cancer_n_2917701.html

Quakers take steps towards BDS
http://www.quakerpi.org/news/Minutes and Statements.htm
http://www.quakerpiag.blogspot.com/

Kairos Palestine statement on Syria
http://www.kairospalestine.ps/?q=node/25

Leaked secret budget details for US intelligenece agencies: staggering
$52 billion spent on spies (this does not include military
intelligence agencies)
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/inside-the-2013-us-intelligence-black-budget/420/

Secretary of State John Kerry referenced a photograph run by BBC
purporting to be of a Syrian massacre when it was from Iraq 2003. See
BBC mistakenly runs dated Iraq photo to illustrate the syrian massacre
http://www.marcodilauro.com/blog/bbc-mistakenly-runs-dated-iraq-photo-to-illustrate-the-syrian-massacre/
http://bit.ly/17Clkl8

and the New York times finally published an article about the
brutalities/atrocities committed by the US-backed “rebels” (most are
mercenaries from other countries financed by Saudi Arabia and trained
in neighboring countries to Syria)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/05/world/middleeast/brutality-of-syrian-rebels-pose-dilemma-in-west.html?pagewanted=all

The US government daily commits crimes against humanity around the
world either directly or indirectly through regimes the US supports
(like Israel and the Saud royal family).  Yet, they try to lecture the
world about “human rights”.  That so many people fall for it is
pathetic but that some Palestinains also do is really painful.  Pain
is something we expect under Israeli occupation but increasingly our
pain comes from knowledge of horrors of
collusion/collaboration/complicity with crimes against humanity.

Mazin Qumsiyeh
http://qumsiyeh.org