INNISBRK Archives

July 1995

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bric Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 16:05:51 EST
If you are a state or local government entity, check this out with
your business office or purchasing operation.  I received
notification from our business office today.

University employees, agents and invitees (e.g. program faculty,
participants, clients, etc. -- providing the university purchases the
ticket) may obtain a ten-percent discount on domestic air travel for
ticket purchases beginning August 8, 1995.  Our local AAA travel
agents haven't gotten the details yet, so they don't know if this can
be added to other flight discounts (but they think it can).

A $40 million nationwide pool has been set aside to fund these
discounts for all state and local government entities.  Discounts
will be available until February 9, 1997, or until the pool has been
used, whichever comes first.  Participating airlines are Alaska,
American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, TWA, United and USAir.  Some
commuter flights also qualify.  To obtain the discount, appropriate
evidence of authorized business travel, such as a purchase order, LPO
or authorizing letter, must be presented when the ticket is
purchased.

Since this has implications for the CMED Program, maybe Pro-Ed should
consider including the details (when available) for those not on the
Internet distribution list?  An additional 10% discount on top of the
conference rate, etc., would be very nice!

Hope this provides savings for lots of us!

Bric A. Wheeler, Director
Center for Management Development
Richard T. Farmer School of Business Administration
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio  45056-1675
     Voice:  (513) 529-2132;  Fax:  (513) 529-6992
  Internet:  [log in to unmask]
       WWW:  http://www.MUOhio.Edu/~WheeleBA/