INNISBRK Archives

October 1996

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rosemary D'Arcy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 12:42:17 MST
Although some of you who read this will not have the slightest
interest, there are many out there whom I have known and worked with
in Management Development, Executive Development and Continuing
Education, so if you have no interest please delete.
I am leaving Boise State University at the end of October. It will
not be an easy parting, I have found living in Boise and working here
to be a wonderful experience. Never having been in the west until I
moved here in 1994, I have come to love it.
Some of you may know that although I move three quarters of the way
across the country, my family are still in the east. After two years
of trying to make it work, we have concluded that one of us has to
move again.
I am lucky, I have had a wonder offer to work in Leadership
Development at USF&G, a property and casualty insurance company that
has made a dramatic reorganization work for them and is now building
a leadership program to support its people. I will have the
opportunity to experience our business from the other side of the
fence.
I will be in Baltimore, and although it is not around the corner from
family in Albany, NY and Providence, RI, it is a short (and with
Southwest Airlines, cheap) trip by plane. My husband will have a much
better chance of getting a job in his field, and we will be able to
live together again.
Since I am leaving the academy, I will not see you at Innisbrook in
November, so I am bidding you a fond, loving fairwell until I get a
new internet hookup in Baltimore. I hope you will consider visiting
me, and certainly look forward to staying in touch via cyberspace.
Thanks for being friends, mentors, cheerleaders, and valuable
professional resources. I will stay in touch.
Best Regards, Rosemary
"The further backward you look, the further forward you can see." Winston
 Churchill
Rosemary V. D'Arcy
Director, The Center for Management Development
College of Business
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725