INNISBRK Archives

March 1996

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ralph Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 09:00:12 -0500
At 08:39 AM 3/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Sender:       Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       "Leo F. Flanagan, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Use of one travel agency
  Leo...thanks, I agree with your observations about the impact of market
forces on customer service. There are certainly lots of examples world wide
where state intervention leads to a deterioration of service. Essentially,
we as the customers pay for the rebates in the form of reduced service which
as you noted means a higher time cost in certain instances....the actual
cost may be higher , given the opportunity cost of time, but it is hidden so
it appears that the Univ is getting a savings since these monies are
visible. At least you have a choice...I think that is a good way to go...not
sure how things will sort themselves out here...but I appreciate your
thoughts very much. Ralph

-