INNISBRK Archives

February 1995

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bric Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 16:52:07 EST
The very nature of our little listserv is that we're a "closed",
small group with a yearly conference (and our industry) in common.

The conference emphasizes learning from each other through a
collaborative sharing of information.  Woven throughout is a tone of
professional encouragement and respect.

I have received inquiries about advertising on INNISBRK.  A sensitive
topic, I know.  However, here are the elements of my thoughts about
the acceptibility of advertising on INNISBRK:

--We often receive valuable information about opportunities and
products through advertising.  For this reason responsible
advertising is encouraged on INNISBRK.

--Cluster bomb postings of advertisements on 100 or so listservs often
occur.  Scattershot postings of questionable relevance to us are
definitely discouraged on INNISBRK.

--Have mercy on our subscribers!  Remember: some INNISBRK subscribers
are paying real cash to receive on-line time and messages. Junk mail
is costly mail.  For this reason, long postings to INNISBRK are
discouraged, including those involving advertising.  If you have an
article or long message, post only a short summary and invite
interested INNISBRK subscribers to contact you via private e-mail to
request a copy.

--Relevant advertising (including job postings and collaborative
opportunities) is encouraged on INNISBRK.

If you believe that any posting on INNISBRK steps over these
admittedly fuzzy lines, take it up with me privately
([log in to unmask]).  Please do not throw flames over
INNISBRK.

For those of you concerned about the volume of INNISBRK mail reaching
you (this is unlikely at this stage), I recommend the INDEX and DIGEST
mail delivery options.

I remain virtually yours,

Bric Wheeler

Bric A. Wheeler
Director, Center for Management Development
Richard T. Farmer School of Business Administration
Miami University, 114 Laws Hall
Oxford, OH  45056-1675
    Voice:  (513) 529-2132; FAX:  (513) 529-6992;
    E-mail:  [log in to unmask]