INNISBRK Archives

October 1996

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:45:39 -0700
Dear All Past CMED Attendees,

The 19th Annual Conference on Management & Executive Development is now
just over five weeks away.  We've heard from most of you and are pleased
you are planning to attend once again.  Jeanne tells me we have about 130
people registered thus far.  But we're aiming for 150-175, so I want to
encourage any stragglers out there to get your paperwork in to Pro-Ed as
soon as you possibly can.

All the details are coming together as we finish up our planning for what
promises to be the best conference ever.  The speakers are submitting
materials for the workbook, and it soon goes off for printing.  We're
choosing some new menus, planning logistics for this year's entertainment,
and brainstorming on some new approaches to the conference opening.

Don't forget the two preconference events that have been added for the
first time this year.  You'll want to direct any of your staff members who
are conference newcomers to the special session entitled "Conference
Overview for First-Timers" held from 1:00-2:30 p.m. on Saturday, November
23.  This will allow for some early bonding and get much of the
orientation material out of the way early.

And attendance looks good for our first-ever Preconference Workshop on
"Negotiation Skills," led by Peter Topping of the University of South
Carolina.  There's still space, though, in case you'd like to enroll.
It's a mere fifty bucks extra for a three-hour session.  But plan to
arrive Friday night, as the session goes from 9:00 to noon Saturday
morning.

And speaking of Friday night, we plan another "Dutch treat" outing for all
early arrivals on Friday, November 22.  Just be at the Hospitality Suite
prior to 7:00 p.m., and we'll shuttle everyone to Papa's for a much-needed
dose of fresh seafood.

So if you're already registered, THANKS!.  We look forward to seeing you
in a few weeks.  (Please help make Jeanne's job easier by responding to
her requests for photos, exhibit room materials, payment, etc. on a timely
basis!)

But if you're NOT registered.....or if you have members of your staff who
you plan to send but haven't yet registered.....GET WITH IT!!! Time is
running out, and we need to hear from you.  Send Jeanne Miller a fax at
(941) 923-2374 or phone her at (941) 924-2043 and let her know you're
planning to come.

See you soon!

Bob Gardner
Conference Chair