JOURMAJR Archives

December 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:30:19 -0500
Dear journalism students,

Hope exams are going well.  Just some items that I want to pass along:

1.  I have shut down all JRN class waitlists and turned them over to course
instructors.  The ONLY way to add a course now is to go to class the first
day and talk to the instructor (who will determine whether or not to add
students).
2.  I have forms for the Dayton Daily News summer internships for 2006.  If
you are interested, you can pick one up from me or John Lowery, the JRN
internship coordinator, OR go online at
www.daytondailynews.com/service/content/service/info/ddninternships.html.
3.  There's a Washington firm, Xenophon (co-founded by a Miami grad,
specializing in crisis management and PR work for the Salvation Army),
looking for paid, semester-long, full-time interns.  Please contact me, if
you are interested.
4.  Job notice: small daily paper in Van Wert, OH, is looking for a sports
editor and a reporter.  CONTACT:  Rob Krechlow at 419-238-2285.

Have a good holiday.

Richard Campbell, Director, Journalism Program