MACTALK Archives

February 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Eric Case <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:24:52 -0500
On 2/15/99 8:35 AM, Dirk S Tepe, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I can't help you with the configuration, I've never used DAVE.  I'd have a
>hard time documenting it for the web page for that same reason.  Since MCIS
>doesn't support or use DAVE, I can't see that will change either.
>Applications like DAVE would be best documented by the Mac Collective, if
>they are interested.  There are lots of useful applications that Mac users
>hould be aware of, but MCIS can't afford to support.

I figured DAVE out mainly through trial and error. Basically, go to the
NetBIOS control panel it installs and enter whatever you want for "Name"
and "Description." Set the Transport Protocol to TCP/IP and make sure the
DHCP box is checked. I have 0.0.0.0 for both Primary and Secondary text
fields. From there, go to the DAVE Client in the Chooser and you should
be able to browse the windows network.

Maybe this would be a good topic for the next UG meeting?

Eric Case             | "Love is a dung hill, and I am but a
phone: 513.529.7620   |  cock which climbs upon it to crow."
http://www.eekman.com |  -Archibald Cunningham, "Rob Roy"