MACTALK Archives

December 1998

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Guy R Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 03:50:18 -0500
Hello Apple Enthusiasts!

 Back by popular demand...  Apple Computer and MarketSource have teamed up to run demo days at regional and national retailers across the country on the following dates from 10:30am to 5:00pm.

 Event Dates and Times:

 Friday, November 27, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM
 Saturday, November 28, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM
 Sunday, November 29, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM

 Saturday, December 5,  1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM
 Sunday, December 6,  1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM

 Saturday,  December 12, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM
 Sunday, December 13, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM

 Saturday, December 19, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM
 Sunday, December 20, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM

 Saturday, December 26, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM
 Sunday, December 27, 1998 from 10:30AM to 5PM

 We are still looking for Macintosh knowledgeable individuals, with excellent demo skills, 21 years of age or older, to participate as Apple Demo Day representatives.

 Compensation

 In addition to being compensated $100.00 for working EACH demo day event, you will be entered to win an iMac.  The more you work the more chances you have to take home your very own iMac Computer.

 Win an iMac

 For each demo day that you work your name will go into a drawing for an
 iMac.  We will be giving away two iMacs as part of this effort.  For example, if you worked all 13 days and returned your paperwork within 24 hours of each event, your name will be entered 13 times!

 Great pay, plus the chance to win an iMac computer of your very own - in return for supporting Apple's sales efforts this holiday season.

 How to Participate

 If you are interested in participating, please complete the Qualification
 Form below and indicate the date(s) of participation to [log in to unmask] PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ORIGINAL EMAIL WHEN YOU REPLY. PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE QUALIFICATION FORM PORTION ONLY.

 THANK YOU.

 Individuals who have been selected for the appropriate markets will be notified with store addresses within five working days. Those individuals who have not been selected will not   be notified.  We thank you in advance for your continued support.

 All applicants must complete attached questionnaire for our records (even if you have completed past forms).

 We look forward to your support in helping to make this a winning holiday sales season for Apple.

 Look forward to welcoming you onboard this important effort.

 Sincerely,

 Marketsource Corporation

 RESPONSE FORM

 Name:
 Mailing Address to receive overnight packages (No P.O. Boxes please):

 City:
 State:
 Zip Code:
 Daytime Fax Number:
 Phone Number:
 E-mail address:

 1. From the list at the bottom of this email, please select the location you're requesting:

 FIRST CHOICE:
 Dates:
 SECOND CHOICE:
 Dates:

 2. How long have you been using Macintosh computers?

 3. Do you use Macs in business or for home use?
     ___ business       ___ home

 3. Are you familiar with Macintosh G3 technology?
     ___ very knowledgeable ___somewhat knowledgeable  ___ no knowledge

 4. Do you have experience working on MacOS8.5?
     ___ very knowledgeable ___somewhat knowledgeable  ___ no knowledge

 5. Have you previously participated in demo days?
    When? ___________      Where?_______________________________

 6. Are you familiar with the new iMac computer?
    ___ very knowledgeable ___somewhat knowledgeable  ___ no knowledge

 7. Are you familiar with USB (Universal Serial Bus)
    ___ very knowledgeable ___somewhat knowledgeable  ___ no knowledge

 8. Do you currently have access to a Macintosh computer with a CD ROM
    drive?

 9. Are you currently a UG member, Apple Evangelist, or other?
    If other, please explain _______________________________________

 10. Shirt size (M, L, XL, XXL)

 11.  I am 21 years of age or older.  Yes  ____   No ____

 Available Markets (Do Not Include in Response)

 Following are the markets where we are looking for demo day representatives.
 Duplicate listings indicate the number of different stores in each city.

 Best Buy

 Huntsville  AL
 Fort Smith  AR
 West Little Rock AR