MACTALK Archives

August 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Mooter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:50:03 -0400
Does anyone know if there are compatibility problems with USB adapters for
old Mac printers, specifically a StyleWriter II?

I just upgraded to 8.6. When I boot it goes into some low-res low-refresh
mode (like a PC) right when the smiley Mac face appears. Then, right when
it starts to load extensions it switches back to normal. If I boot with
extensions off it will stay in this mode. It is the correct resolution when
I turn it on, though, right before Mr. Smiley Mac. I don't remember this
being the case with 8.5.1 and it really annoys me. Does anyone know why
this is occuring? It's a Yosemite (B&W) G3 with the RAGE 128.

David Mooter.