MACTALK Archives

February 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:08:12 -0500
At 9:37 PM -0500 on 2/8/99, thee scribed:
>I am sending a message to John Harlan to find about changing the list to
>accept email accounts from non Miami accounts,

Are you a list owner? (If you asked John to create the list, then chances
are you're in there as the owner.) If so, then you can change it yourself.
You can do it either TOFW through e-mail, or through the fancy-schmancy new
web interface. Just do this:

1) Go to <http://listserv.muohio.edu/SCRIPTS/WA.EXE>

2) Click on "Mailing list management interface"; you may need to create a
userid first. If so, then use the e-mail address that is associated with
you as the owner.

3) Select MacTalk in the popup menu

4) Click on Configure List

5) Edit the header and save changes

For step 5, I forget exactly what you need to change, but I think you want
to set SEND to PUBLIC:

        Send= Public

Hope this helps. :-)

Regards,
Bob
--
Robert E. Williams, Jr.     | Visit our web site to learn more
President, TriVectus        | about our high-quality, unique