MACTALK Archives

March 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dirk S Tepe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:15:10 -0500
>Dirk S Tepe on 3/30/99 11:00 AM wrote:
>
>>I occasionally get requests from people to do some at home
>>consulting/troubleshooting of Mac systems.  I prefer not to do this kind of
>>work anymore.  Is anyone interested in requests such as this in the Oxford
>>area?  I'd prefer to give people the list address and they can ask for help
>>here.  Are there any objections?
>>
>I would be happy to do this kind of work. (I do charge for this service,
>however.) Please send requests to me. My consulting website is at
>http://cybercomputing.com/.
>
>On the other hand, I do not object to individuals inquiring on this list
>for free informtion. So I don't object to Dirk's request.

Most of the people that contact me are looking for someone to come to their
house and help them.  Payment is assumed.  I just wanted to make sure that
people on this list were okay getting those kinds of requests.

Given my position with the University, I can't recommend a specific vendor
or outside party to people due to legal issues.  I think that just asking
the person to post a plea for help to the mactalk list is legitimate and
whoever wants to respond can do so directly.

Thanks,

--
Dirk S. Tepe
Miami University