MACTALK Archives

June 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Guy Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:21:26 -0400
There was a lot of FUD spread around Miami when the banner system  was
first purchased for Miami.  They sent out two letters saying that the
system would work but not very well with the Macintosh.  They recommend
using winframe but n the letter they say it will be slow and not too good.
What they have discovered sinceis that it works pretty good aqnd are going
to support it.  I have also tried it with an Orange Micro card and Virtual
PC and it seems to work pretty well but a little sluggish.  I figure it
will be a mute point in a year or so because they are planning on moving
the system to the web.  But in the meantime they sent out these two letters
and have had a lot of people switch platforms but have never printed any
kind of letter stating that the macs work with the system.

Thanks
Guy

PS: somewhere i have some printouts of stuf on this topic if you want
copies let me know.