MACTALK Archives

February 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:10:51 -0500
At 6:13 PM -0500 2/11/99, Richard L. Bales spout forth:
>        Is anyone using Mac 'n Talk, Mary Vogel our Disabilities
>Coordinator at
>the Hamilton Campus is looking for the capability to have a program that
>can speak what is seen on the "Netscape" pages. We have several students
>that could benefit from this in the Labs / Classes I run.

I use it all the time, but not for reading web pages. I've seen that done,
though, so you can probably find something fairly easily if you dust off
the right parts of the web. As an aside, I think those sort of applications
are usually done with something more along the lines of Lynx, since
text-based browsers adapt a lot better to visually impaired usage than
something like Navigator, which is fundamentally a graphical program.

Regards,
Bob
--
Robert E. Williams, Jr.     | Visit our web site to learn more
President, TriVectus        | about our high-quality, unique