MACTALK Archives

October 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Beekman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:56:17 -0400
OK, Dan is the proud new owner of a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer -
the cool new one with optical tracking and four buttons etc. It is,
quite possibly, the neatest mouse I've ever used.

Unfortunately, it is USB and I am using it with my Bronze PB. It
works great after a reboot, but it is not hot pluggable, and it is
not recognized after waking from sleep. This is unaccepable, as I
pretty much never reboot the PB unless it crashes.
I would love to keep this baby, but if it means I need to reboot
every time I'm going to use it, it's going back to CompUSA this
weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions or insights?? I've tried it with
Microsoft's drivers, with USB Overdrive (shareware USB driver), and I
have downloaded Apple's newest USB DDK, which has (it says) the
drivers that will ship wit OS 9.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Dan