MACTALK Archives

October 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeff Wax <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:32:39 -0400
What version of OS 8 do you use?  I have a performa 6400 too, and I first
got OS 8 after it came out about two years ago.  the initial driver for the
computer was flawwed however, and I had major problems until a new driver
program was written.  If you just have 8.0, that's probably the problem.  I
think the driver was from Drive Setup 1.3.  Drive Setup 1.3.1 fixed the
problem, and then OS 8.1 update had Drive Setup 1.4.  So if you are using
the old version of OS 8, that could be the problem.

Another possibility is that if you are using 8.5 or 8.6, I had read
somewhere that those OS's were G3 native and weren't supposed to work on
older Power Macs like the 6400, but I've also heard they do work, so that
might not be the problem.

Jeff Wax