MACTALK Archives

November 1999

MACTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Moose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Macintosh Users Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:06:21 -0500
BTW, Chris, it looks like this problem will only affect folks who've
installed an add-on card (and used ATI's Universal installer). You
probably won't have used this installer with your Powerbook or G3
because the drivers come with the OS.

John

>At 11:55 AM -0500 on 11/4/99, thee scribed:
>>I was looking to find out if people were experiencing these problems
>>that ATI describes.  I'm looking to upgrade my Wallstreet Powerbook
>>and wondering if I'll be in trouble.  Not a problem following the
>>instructions... just wondering.
>
>I had some problems, although the biggest thing was a missing
>extension that caused the video performance on my main monitor to
>drop to LC-class levels. The reinstall was completely painless, so I
>wouldn't worry about it too much. Just download the Universal
>Installer and whatever other updates you'll need before you upgrade,
>and you'll be ready to fire them all off once the OS installation is
>finished. Then, hopefully, you can avoid any trouble altogether.
>That's what I did, and other than some rather annoying crashes with
>Office (for which there's no update...), I've not had so much as a
>stumble.
>

>Regards,
>Bob
>--
>Robert E. Williams, Jr.     | Visit our web site to learn more
>President, TriVectus        | about our high-quality, unique
><http://www.trivectus.com/> | freeware and shareware software
><mailto:[log in to unmask]>  | for the Mac.

John Moose                                    [log in to unmask]
MCIS                                         voice  513 529-1427
Miami University                             fax    513 529-9665
302 Hoyt Hall                                pager  513 844-0119
Oxford, OH 45056                        [log in to unmask]
    http://bleuclid.mcs.muohio.edu/users/moosejc/exmachina.pl