MCUG Archives

September 2000

MCUG@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
MeisterPlanet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MeisterPlanet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:11:59 EDT
I was one of the new people at last week's meeting.

My name is Derek Meister and I'm an escaped Ohio State University student
hiding out at Miami until I either graduate or run out of money ... or both.
I'm currently in my second year as a student on what may turn out to be a 4 to
6 year gig, depending on how many credits transfer, the mood of the
administrators and what sign the moon's in that week.

My main tech interest right now is networking, which I take great pleasure in
inflicting on ... er ... practicing on my three desktops and one laptop.  The
four little beasties run a variety of OS's, including Windows 2000, Linux,
OpenBSD and BeOS.

I spend a little too much of my time in front of my monitor (perhaps to make up
for all the running around in the woods I do for the U S Army Reserves) and
therefore spend a good amount in online games.  My current avenues of virtual
violence include Unreal Tournament, Tribes and the Weapons Factory mod for
Quake III.

I live over in Miami Manor, and *no* that does not mean I'm married.  I'm just
over 25.  I'm also the President of OASIS (Older And Succeeding In School) here
at MU.

Anyways, enough ot my ramblings ... who's next?

Derek Meister ---> [log in to unmask]

http://www.meisterplanet.com