MCUG Archives

February 1999

MCUG@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
MCUG Librarian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami Computer Users Group (MCUG)
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:54:40 -0500
Our first meeting is set.

Time: 7-9 PM
Date: Thursday, February 25, 1999
Place: 207 Laws Hall

Full agenda is TBA. The room is the P&G lab, which means everyone will have
a networked computer. One of the things we wanted to do was try out one or
two of the latest network games; however, I have a funny feeling that the
computers will be locked up pretty tight, so I doubt we will be able to
install anything. Thus, we'll have to entertain ourselves some other way
(given who we are, I don't think that'll be a problem).

If you have anything in particular (software or hardware) that you'd like
to show off, by all means bring it. We can either informally check it out
or you can actually stand up and give a real presentation on it. Also, if
you or anyone you know would really like to see a particular topic
discussed, post it here. In fact, feel free to post here anything at all
related to the group. This is a discussion forum, after all.

Officer candidates: be ready to give your speeches. Also, one person
encountered a problem submitting his application. Because of this, I'm in
doubt about the others. Therefore, if you're looking for an officership,
please send me your full name, e-mail address, desired position, and your
essay of 100-300 words via e-mail.

To everyone: we're working on a zero-budget here, so we need volunteers to
create and distribute flyers about the meeting. For right now, just a real
quick description of MCUG (including the web address) and the meeting
information is all that's necessary, since there's no hard and fast agenda
yet. If everyone can just do two or so flyers, we can probably get decent
coverage. We should probably wait until next Monday (the 15th) to start
distributing them. (I'll post a reminder.)

If you can also get your professors to announce the meetings, that'd be
great, as would a mention on your web page if you have one.

If you have any questions, ideas, or thoughts, just post.

Regards,
Bob
--
Robert E. Williams, Jr.